EADI Information Services: Contribution Guide for Members
Disseminating Research via EADI
EADI – the European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes – is a Europe-wide network of institutes, researchers and students of various disciplines in the field of development studies. It organizes activities and offers facilities for the international exchange of knowledge and experience in the professional field. Our most prominent activity is a General Conference devoted to a topical issue every three years.
We promote publications, calls, courses, videos, podcasts, vacancies and news from members and partner via our online information services.
We are very interested in a close dialogue with the communication teams in the respective member institute. You can submit your news (jubilees, calls, important events) to the EADI team, as well as contribute to our blog. Events should be open to EADI members.
Please note that we only announce events which are combined with a call for papers. Books will only be announced when they are freely available online or when they include an open access chapter.
The EADI website and the eNewsletter are efficient tools for both EADI members and the general public to stay informed about the development research community. They feature news from members and partners and from EADI working groups and projects. We publish the following categories of information:
- General news on Development Studies and on activities in our network
- Calls for papers and for research projects
- Videos and audios from our network
- News from premium members of EADI
Our information channels feature publications by members from different perspectives. Our emphasis is on publications which are freely available.
In the EADI Member Publications section of our website we present a range of publications, opinion papers and policy briefs from our members. It allows search combinations by topics, regions and publication types.
A selection of the publications is included in our fortnightly newsletter.
Please send us your announcements to editor_enews(at)eadi.org.
We will be happy to publish them on the website, in our newsletters and in our social media.
The EADI website features a directory of courses and trainings:
- Graduate Degrees (Bachelor & equivalent)
- Post-Graduate Degrees (Master & equivalent)
- Doctoral Degrees (PhD & equivalent)
- Advanced Training Courses
- MOOCS – Massive Open online Course
- Other Courses
EADI members can add new courses and update the information through our website. Please write to devtrain(at)eadi.org for a link to the submission page for your organisation.
News on Development
- EADI eNewsletter (fortnightly)
- News pages (EADI, Members, Videos & Audio, en Français) on www.eadi.org
- The EADI blog "Debating Development Research", a discussion platform for the international development research community