Networking and building alliances across disciplines and countries
EADI, the European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes, is the leading European network in the field of Development Studies: With more than 100 institutional members in more than 25 countries it.organises activities and provides platforms for international networking and exchange with a strong interdisciplinary focus. EADI’s flagship events are the General Conferences every three years which bring together the wider Development Research community around a specific topic. The official languages of EADI are English and French. EADI is funded through membership fees as well as by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
EADI is the prime professional association for development studies. As such it promotes:
- Quality in research and education in development studies,
- The exchange of relevant information among members and with others,
- The strengthening of relevant knowledge networks at the regional and global level,
- Influencing both national and European decision-makers in the development cooperation field.
- To generate and stimulate and exchange of information among European academics and researchers concerned with development issues
- To promote interdisciplinary studies on specific themes
- To develop contacts with researchers from other regions of the world