Internship in the EADI Secretariat
Apply by 01 July 2023
- Support the preparation and execution of both in-person and virtual events
- Support the team in terms of program development and speaker management
- Support the maintenance of websites
- Support the editing of videos and podcasts
- Support the development of content for, and technical setup of, newsletters and promotional material
- Support the development of content about EADI for social media channels
- Support other tasks and functions of the EADI Secretariat as needed
We aim to frame the tasks in such a way that the intern has own responsibilities within a team, and can bring in own experiences and ideas. We offer the possibility create links and to network with researchers and institutions active in political sciences, development economy, geography and other development related disciplines worldwide.
- Enrolled in a vocational training or university in a relevant subject (political science, communication science, geography, public relations etc.)
- Strong interest in development (studies) and sustainability issues
- Creative, proactive, and reliable in teamwork
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Confident user of Microsoft Office and possibly design and publishing software
Terms and conditions:
- The position is available as of 1 September 2023 and on a rolling basis in 2024/2025 at the EADI Secretariat in Bonn, Germany
- The intern will be supervised by and report to the EADI Executive Director
- Working language: English
- International travel may be required
- The contract will be based on German laws
- Workings hours: 32 per week
By email to Susanne von Itter, itter(at)eadi.org. Please write “Internship at EADI” in the subject line and send us:
- Relevant documents such as a letter of motivation, CV, enrolment certificate, visa/work permit if non-EU citizen (Aufenthaltstitel), proof of mandatory internship (if applicable) and CV merged into one single pdf. of up to 5 MB size
- Indication of the possible start date
- Indication of envisaged duration of internship: minimum three to a maximum of six months (if mandatory).
Kindly note, that applications are reviewed continuously upon arrival, therefore submitting your application as soon as possible is advisable.
Equal Opportunity and Employment Policy
The EADI Secretariat’s hiring policy is geared to ensure that the organization hires employees without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, marital status, socio-economic background, or sexual orientation. EADI’s policy is that applicants for employment and career progression are considered solely based on their relevant qualifications and competencies.
First application deadline for the position in September: 01 July 2023
EADI - the European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes - is the leading professional association for development studies in Europe and forms a European-wide network of institutes, researchers, and students of various disciplines in the field of development studies. The association was founded in 1975 and is an independent and non-profit making international non-governmental organisation. Its Secretariat is based in Bonn, Germany. For further details see our website: www.eadi.org. We are part of an international community of the UN City of Bonn.