We're hiring: Junior Officer, Information and Outreach (70%)
EADI is currently seeking to fill the position of a Junior Officer, Information and Outreach, preferably from April 2022. The successful candidate will join our small and dynamic office based in Bonn, where everyone plays an important role and has an impact. At the same time, the candidate will act as a team member of an international, interdisciplinary team.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the assistant will work for various activities, requiring a broad range of abilities and interests in learning and applying a diversity of tools. The successful candidate will be offered a contract part‐time basis (70%), with a salary of 29.000 Euro before taxes. The initial contract will be for a period of 20 months, subject to a probationary period of six months. The contract can be expanded in case of positive assessment. All genders are welcome.
- Engaging with outreach and membership engagement activities, including event support in various European countries, such as the next EADI General Conference 2023 in Lisbon
- Contributing to the updating of web content of the EADI website and project websites
- Formatting and creating communications products such as presentations, policy briefs, flyers, reports, newsletters, annual reports
- Facilitation of online events as well post-production video editing
- Administration of expenses, project accounting, preparation of progress reports
- Conducting any other tasks broadly in line with the job profile and according work plan
What do we expect?
- Interest in Global Development / Development Research and research communications
- Experience with social media and website content management systems, technical affinity
- Ability, or preferably experience to use a series of multi-media creative tools such from Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere) would be an asset
- A creative mindset and affinity with graphic design would be an additional asset
- Proven ability to translate complex analysis and ideas into message-oriented, concise and accessible language and appropriate formats
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of German and an additional language is a plus
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Meeting facilitation skills (also online)
- University Degree (MA, MSc) in geography, development studies, political science, development communications, economics or related fields
- Eligibility to work in the EU
- Willingness to travel, both nationally and within the EU
- Ability to travel to the office in Bonn at least two days a week shall the sanitary situation permit
EADI - the European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes - is the leading professional association for development studies in Europe and forms a European-wide network of institutes, researchers, and students of various disciplines in the field of development studies. The association was founded in 1975 and is an independent and non-profit making international non-governmental organisation. Its Secretariat is based in Bonn, Germany. For further details see our website: www.eadi.org.
Applicants are requested to send their full application including certificates and references (in one pdf document, without photo) via e-mail, with ‘Application Junior Officer, Information and Outreach’ in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter can be addressed to Ms. Susanne von Itter, Executive Director. Closing date for applications is 6 March 2022 (midnight).