Call for Applications 2020/2021
The JUMP Mentoring Programme offers (young) Southern researchers the opportunity to work closely with an experienced scholar from their field of interest with the aim of preparing a paper that is (subject to the regular peer-review process) accepted for publication in the European Journal of Development Research (EJDR) or any other scientific journal.
Selected candidates will participate in the online EADI ISS Conference 2021: Solidarity, Peace and Social Justice EADI ISS Conference 2021: | Solidarity, Peace and Social Justice | #Solidarity2021with the registration fee covered by the programme. A virtual welcoming section will kick off the programme, and virtual writing workshops will be offered for JUMP mentees during the Conference. Mentees will be paired with their mentors, introduced to the basics of writing a paper for academic high-ranking publishing, and will have opportunity to network.
• The candidate must be born and based and studying in a low or middle-income country in the Global South.
• The candidate must have not published previously in high quality international academic journals.
• Only single-authored papers are considered. Submission of paper with co-authors will not be considered.
• The candidate must be an early career candidate. *Early-career definition: latest graduate-level academic qualification (Doctorate or Masters) was completed 5 years ago or less (EJDR).
• Application form to be filled and sent by e-mail with the other documents. Download the application form here.
• Updated CV including academic, employment and publication records.
• Cover letter stating the motivation to apply for the mentorship programme.
• Paper abstract. Abstracts must be in English and should conform to the following format:
- Title: limited to 25 words, full name of author, email, details of institution/affiliation.
- Keywords: Maximum of 5 keywords
- Body: A 1000 word extended abstract explaining the paper’s substance including background, purpose, methodology, results, conclusion, etc. and clearly showing how it contributes to the broad conference theme. The title of the abstract, author’s name, institutions and keywords are not included in this limit.
• Draft paper.
Important: the topic of the paper should be in line with the EADI ISS Conference 2021: Solidarity, Peace and Social Justice theme, and of relevance to EJDR – the international development angle must come foremost.
All submissions will be acknowledged via email. In case you do not receive an acknowledgement for your submission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Application period: from 24th November 2020 to 31st January 2021
• Application results: April
• EADI ISS Conference 2021: 5 - 8 July 2021
• Deadline for submission of final paper to EJDR: 30th September 2021
In case you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com