Jobs and Internships
Internships at EADI
Would you like to be an intern in an international, friendly atmosphere?
Then apply for an internship at the EADI Secretariat.
Please note: New placements are available from September 2017. All summer internship placements are filled.
During their stay, interns will have the opportunity to gain work experience and benefit from:
- contacting other international organizations, UN agencies, NGOs;
- consulting libraries on development and development related issues based in Bonn;
- gaining an insight into information services based on Web2.0
- gaining an insight into the work of a European Association;
- working with a small, committed staff in a friendly environment;
- practicing different language skills ranging from English, French, to German.
- helping in the organization of workshops and conferences both on practical and conceptual level;
- compiling information for the EADI Newsletter, e-newsletter and the EADI web site;
- working with EADI information systems and databases;
- assisting in editorial tasks such as: writing abstracts and articles; assisting in editing and proof-reading of publications, etc.
- supporting to explore possible collaboration with other networks, research institutes, NGOs and UN agencies;
- other tasks depending on field of interest and academic background
The maximum duration of an internship is three months. Interns need to be enrolled at a university. If the internship is integral part of the university porgramme, a longer duration can be agreed. See also here
Application ProceduresCandidates for internship positions will normally have completed their third year of university studies (Bachelor's degree). Potential applicants meeting this requirement are invited to submit an application to the EADI Secretariat. Interns will be selected on the basis of the following elements:
- education and work experience (if any)
- language skills (a good command of written and spoken English and French is required)
- verbal and written communication skills
- computer skills (reasonable knowledge of working on Microsoft Office software and the Internet)
- a good working knowledge of German is helpful, but not necessarily required.
The Internship programme is unpaid; EADI has no provision in its budget to pay interns. Travel, living and accommodation costs are the responsibility of the students/graduates or the sponsoring institutions or governments. EADI is willing to support the search for financial support with endorsement letters.
The internship is not connected with employment at EADI in any way and there should not be any expectations of employment at the end of the internship period.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in applying for an internship, you are invited to fill in the Internship Application Form.
Download the internship application form (Rich Text Format)
The application form should be accompanied by a cover letter in English or French, indicating preferred period of stay and a curriculum vitae and sent to:
EADI Secretariat, Kaiser-Friedrich-Strasse 11, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Jobs at EADI members
Page 1 of 12 · Next Page