The Programme for Global Health and Development, The University of Tampere The effects of global phenomena are transforming the way we work for health both at national and international levels. Our programme offers a unique opportunity to study the intertwined disciplines of public and global health. Students will be equipped with the necessary expertise, skills and tools to work in the complex setting of contemporary and emerging health challenges. All courses are firmly grounded in international research and have a strong focus on transferring this knowledge into practice.
Our vision is for students to gain the core competencies of public and global health and achieving “two degrees in one”. We also want to equip our graduates with practical skills and tools for their future working life: the programme includes an internship or a work placement, as well real-life cases and assignments in the courses.
In our view, global health is not only about “developing countries”. Global phenomena affect wellbeing and health in both the global South and the global North. It is our mission to advocate for health and assure the conditions in which people can stay healthy.
After completing the Master’s Degree Programme in Public and Global Health you will be able to:
- work and advocate for health across disciplinary and sectoral boundaries
- critically assess information, knowledge and research
- appraise public and global health challenges
- advise on and formulate effective responses to local, national and global health issues
- develop, manage and evaluate national and international health related projects and programmes
- plan and conduct scientifically valid research and studies
The Programme for Global Health and Development, The University of Tampere, Finland