ETH Zürich, Centre for Development and Cooperation (NADEL) This advanced-level multi-stakeholder course is open to exceptional leaders from government, civil society, parliaments, media, international development agencies, industry associations as well as academics, researchers and analysts from universities and think tanks.
The main goal is to introduce analytical tools of political economy to enhance understanding of the crucial impact of politics and power on policy outcomes. Each part of the course will include interactive lectures, group discussions, and practical skill-building workshops or policy labs, as well as guest presentations by leading experts.
Topics that will be covered in the 2020 course include:
• Discovery and allocation of resource rights
• The political economy of natural resource extraction
• Fiscal regimes and taxation
• Managing natural resource revenues and investment
• State Owned Companies governance
• Environmental and social impacts of extraction
• Corruption and accountability
The course will take place 15.6.2020 – 23.6.2020 at NADEL, ETH Zurich. Switzerland. Application closes on 31st of March 2020.
ETH Zürich, Centre for Development and Cooperation (NADEL), Switzerland