Certificate; International Institute for Geo-Information Sciences and Earth Observation (ITC) ITC offers several modules of their Postgraduate diploma and MSc degree courses as Distance courses. The six-week Distance courses (5 credits) have a weekly study load of 20 to 24 hours. The courses combine self-study with online support by ITC staff. The general approach is task-based learning that blends theory and practice. Participants access the course material through internet. All materials and (most of) the software will be provided online within ITC’s digital learning environment Blackboard.
Those who decide to follow a full Postgraduate or MSc programme at ITC will be exempted from the modules they followed successfully as a Distance course.
Courses are offered in the Distance programme:
* Digital Terrain Model extraction, processing and parameterization for Hydrology
* Environmental Impact Assessment and Strategic Environmental Assessment with spatial decision support tools
* Geostatistics and Open-Source Statistical Computing
* GIS Data Quality
* Hyperspectral Remote Sensing
* Learning IDL for Building Expert Applications in ENVI
* Multi-Hazard Risk Assessment
* Principles of Databases
* Principles of Geographical Information Systems
* Principles of Remote Sensing
* Spatial Decision Support Systems
* Sustainable Agriculture
Although some courses are in high demand, only a limited number of students can be admitted. The rule is first come, first served. If the number of applications is extremely high, the course may be offered again.
International Institute for Geo-Information Sciences and Earth Observation (ITC), Netherlands