Winter Programme on the United Nations and Global Challenges IHEID
Certificate; Graduate Institute (IHEID) A two-week study programme in International Affairs, at the heart of the Capital of Peace, with a focus on 2 areas:
- Understanding the UN system and its actors: a clear mapping of the United Nations system since its creation as well as its different working bodies and agencies.
- Re-inventing the United Nations: an exploration of challenges encountered by the United Nations and a debate on future perspectives for international cooperation.
At the end of the 2 weeks, participants will be able to:
- Understand the core mission of the UN and how it frames some key global issues such as human rights and environment.
- Develop critical analyses on key issues of peace and security, human rights and humanitarian challenges, international development, North-South relations
-Debate on future perspectives for international cooperation, via conference simulations and role play as well as a couple of social events to get introduced to international Geneva.
- Discuss with academics and practitioners on what could be done to reinvent global governance in a time of high international uncertainties (prospective analytical tools)
Format : 26 hours of classes per week over 2 weeks
- Lectures with Faculty members from the Graduate Institute, Geneva
- Afternoon workshops and visits of the United Nations
- Small-group study and simulations
- Model United Nations: Conference simulation where students are transformed into diplomats/government officials and learn how to negotiate
- Roundtable on hot topic of international affairs
- Individual advising on post-graduate studies and career in international affairs
- Social events (optional) : discovery of the city of Geneva and friendly evenings with participants
- Lectures and discussions concepts and key issues of peace and security, human rights and humanitarian challenges, international development, North-South relations and the future of global governance.
How to appl
Graduate Institute (IHEID), Switzerland
Page 2 of 2 · Previous Page
Show all courses