Swiss Commission for Research Partnerships with Developing Countries (KFPE) Discover the methods and tools of transdisciplinary research.
In today’s world, we face many complex societal challenges. Projects addressing these challenges often involve actors and stakeholders from different fields and disciplines bringing together their own perspectives or knowledge on a topic. Accordingly, collaborative transdisciplinary approaches are crucial for the success of a project.
On this course, you’ll explore how to meet the challenges of conducting effective transdisciplinary research. You’ll gain insights into a variety of case studies from different fields as you learn from the experiences of peers and experts.
What topics will you cover?
- Research skills needed in order to produce relevant outcomes for society and academia
- Transdisciplinarity: principles, research processes, and application
- Guiding questions, phases, and steps in transdisciplinary projects
- Pitfalls and opportunities in transdisciplinary projects
- Ethical implications of co-production processes
- Examples of transdisciplinary projects on sustainable development, migration, and health topics
The course will be mentored from 30 March to 10 May 2020. It is, however, possible to inscribe for the course until 21 June 2021.
Swiss Commission for Research Partnerships with Developing Countries (KFPE), Switzerland