International Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD) This FREE online course provides unionists, scholars, and practitioners from around the world with critical knowledge on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on workers in global supply chains and labour’s response to protect workers. The course also explores some of the key questions in rethinking the global supply chains as well as labour’s proposals and policy measures to build them anew.
The course consists of:
- Focused video lectures by international experts from academia, trade unions and civil society at large;
- Key readings selected by the experts;
- Discussion and quiz questions to help the course participants to reflect how the knowledge received through the lectures applies to their local context;
- Zoom workshops for each unit to enable course participants to engage directly with the course experts.
- Thematic webinars on the main topics of this course featuring international experts.
- Chapter 1: Covid-19 crisis in global supply chains: Introduction
- Chapter 2: The house of Cards: The structural weaknesses of the global supply chain model
- Chapter 3: The impact of Covid-19 on garment supply chains: Labour’s response
- Chapter 4: The impact of Covid-19 on other global supply chains: Labour’s response
- Chapter 5: Looking Forward: A labour perspective on key demands, strategic response and policy proposals
International Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD), Germany