Graduate Institute (IHEID) From 14 May to 15 June 2018; Apply by: 23 April 2018
This course is a timely follow-up from the WHO Global Conference on NCDs in Montevideo held in October 2017 and is launched at a time when the intergovernmental preparatory process of the UN High-Level Meeting (HLM) on NCDs to be held in September 2018 has started. Progress to control the NCDs epidemics can only be made if highest political commitment is ensured and a wide-range of stakeholders are involved.
This course will enable you to:
• Identify and critically appraise the global health landscape – including shifts in epidemiology, leadership, priorities and policy;
• Recognise and analyse the major global political fora and technical platforms for NCD diplomacy to date;
• Assess, evaluate and apply an NCD-focused approach to national and international health policy;
• Draw, analyse and critique the multilateral diplomacy milieu for the new health agenda;
• Recognise and compare contemporary tools for global health diplomacy; and their applications.
This five-week online course draws on a wide range of internatinoal experts, such as Sir George Alleyne, Professor Ilona Kickbusch, Professor Corinna Hawkes, and many more.
Successful participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies.
Graduate Institute (IHEID), Switzerland