UiB Global, University of Bergen How would you frame your research to make an impact on policies for a sustainable future?
June 17-27, 2019 at the University of Bergen
Deadline for applications: 24 February, 2019
We, as researchers, have an important role to play in the interface between science and policymaking. There is an urgent need to connect research to the 2030 Agenda. Next summer, we select 100 PhD candidates to discuss and explore science advice with some of the best international practitioners. BSRS 2019 offers a series of parallel multidisciplinary working groups with top international lecturers, and cutting-edge keynotes to help you make your research play a role for a sustainable future. The research school is tied together with common sessions on research tools, presentation skills, keynotes by high-profile researchers, plenary discussions, and an excursion into the Norwegian waterscape.
- Agenda 2030: Poverty, Climate Change and Sustainability
- Migration Processes and Practices: Theories, methods and ethical conduct
- Cultural Policy: Arts Heritage & Sustainability
- The unfinished agenda of maternal and child health: Getting research into policy
- Water management and sustainable development
- Ocean, Climate, Society: Instabilities and mobilities on the climate change frontline
UiB Global, University of Bergen, Norway